We believe that the well-being of people employed at work, or people affected by our work, is a priority and must be considered during all work performed on our behalf.
People are our most important asset and work health and safety (WHS) is everyone’s responsibility. The safety of the public is given equal priority to that of our workers.
The objectives of this policy are to, as far as reasonably practicable:
- achieve a safe and incident free workplace
- consider WHS in project planning and work activities
- involve employees and subcontractors in the decision-making process through regular communication and consultation
- ensure employees and subcontractors identify and control risks in the workplace
- monitor and review the elimination or control of potential risks
- enhance employees’ WHS knowledge through a program of education and training.
The success of our WHS management depends on:
- the commitment of all persons to achieving the policy objectives
- planning work activities, with due consideration given to WHS
- undertaking the risk management process in an effective manner
- communication and consultation between our workers and subcontractors.
We are committed to fulfilling the objectives of this policy and expect the same of all workers and subcontractors working on our behalf.